Cambodia’s Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Prak Sokhon will pay a working visit to Laos on June 16-17 in response to an invitation by Minister of Foreign Affairs Saleumxay Kommasith.
The visit aims to further enhance the relationship and cooperation between the Lao PDR and the Kingdom of Cambodia.
49th ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (AMM) / Post Ministerial Conferences (PMC) / 17th ASEAN Plus Three Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (APT) / 6th East Asia Summit Foreign Ministers’
Meeting (EAS) / 23rd ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF)
21-26 July 2016, Vientiane, Lao PDR
The 49th ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (49th AMM) and the above mentioned related meetings will be held from 21-26 July 2016 at the National Convention Center (NCC), Vientiane, Lao PDR.
More information of the events are updated at http://www.asean2016.gov.la
2. RegistrationMedia members who wish to cover the 49th AMM and related events can register online, which opens on 14 June 2016, via this website: http://www.asean2016.gov.la or can download the Media Registration Form (Annex 1 & 2) from our ministry’s website: http://www.mofa.gov.la and send the completed form to the Press Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Lao PDR, by email or post as follows:
A. Contact Information:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
23 Singha Road, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Tel & Fax: (856-21) 416503 / 415167
B. Key Dates for Media Registration:
· 14 June 2016 : Media Registration is open
· 17 July 2016 : Media Registration is closed
· 18-20 July 2016 : Issuance of Press ID Pass
C. How to proceed:
All media members who are interested in covering the events can be registered by using the prescribed Media Registration Form.
D. How to register:
2) Requirement documents:
· Letter of assignment from the editor/executive board of the media;
· A copy of passport for non-Lao citizens – validity of passport must be at least six months;
· A copy of press card - validity must be at least three months;
· 2 current passport-sized in digital photographs of passport holder.
3) In case of failing:
Please be noted that incomplete and late registration will not be processed.
In case of successful media accreditation, an e-mail notification will be sent to Media member together with the Letter of Accreditation. Therefore, each applicant needs to provide a valid e-mail address. Successful applicants are requested to bring along a copy of the confirmation letter.
3. Visa RequirementsOnce application is approved, applicants who are not based in the Lao PDR are required to apply for a journalist visa category “M-B2” and are responsible for their own visa arrangement at the nearest Lao Embassy/Consulate-General abroad or on arrival visa (VOA) at the international airports / international border check points in the Lao PDR. Each applicant should present the accreditation letter of confirmation to the Lao Embassy / Consulate-General and authority concerned at the international airports / international borders for issuing a visa, mentioned in the registration form.
4. Customs ClearanceApplicants have to declare their equipments by presenting the list to customs at the international Port.>>>>
5. Press ID cardsPress ID cards will be issued to accredited journalists. The press ID cards will allow media representatives to get access to the Foreign Media Center (FMC), NCC and related events’ venues. Access to some specific events is subject to press pools (guidance for pools will be issued separately).>
6. Foreign Media Center (FMC)The FMC is located at the International Cooperation & Training Center (ICTC), Vientiane, Lao PDR, which will be equipped with registration and information desk, workstations, internet accessible PCs, internet connections for laptops, host signal area, satellite transmission area, media booths, refreshment area and etc. The Registration and Information Desk provides registration forms, delivers Press IDs and pool passes, handles other requests about interviews and, information on media activities, facilities and services and latest press releases will be available here. Media members should check the Information Desk for updates regularly.
1. Pool passesAccess to all events, due to limited space and security reasons, media coverage is to be arranged through pools and it is strictly limited to media representatives bearing valid Media Pool Passes only. Pool cards will be given to photographers and cameramen only.
2. Coverage of Bilateral MeetingsMedia members of a delegate country who wish to cover bilateral meetings of their delegation should liaise with their country’s Press Liaison Officer. This Press Liaison Officer should inform the FMC of the list of these media representatives.
Special pool passes for bilateral meetings will be delivered to the Press Liaison Officers of related countries. These passes will be recollected after each event by the FMC’s press officers.
3. Other media activities
Please note that all media members must have their equipment checked at the security check point before entering to the FMC and Meeting venue.
9. FMC Service:
1. Media booths
2. Broadcasting Service
Lao National Television is the Host Broadcaster. (More details will be updated soon)
3. Up-link Services
Media agencies wish to use up–link services must obtain permit from FMC Executive Board. (More details will be updated soon)
4. Photo Services
Photo and video of the meetings and related events will be distributed at the FMC.
5. Transportation and Hotels
Media members shall make arrangement of accommodation themselves; therefore, they have to inform the name of hotels and registered plate of vehicles to the FMC or Press Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Sub-Committee on Media (FMC)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
23 Singha Road, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Thongloun Sisoulith, will pay a working visit to the Kingdom of Thailand on 26-29 May.
The visit is in response to an invitation by General Tanasak Patimapragorn, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand.
A Retreat meeting to review the implementation of the results of the Laos-Thailand Cooperation Committee and to further strengthen the friendship and cooperation between Laos and Thailand will be held in Bangkok between General Tanasak Patimapragorn and Mr. Thongloun Sisoulith.