To further enhance and deepen the friendly relations and good cooperation between the Lao PDR and the Republic of Korea, H.E. Mr. Chung Eui-yong, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea and delegates will pay an official visit to the Lao PDR on 28-29 August 2021.
Vientiane, 24 August 2021
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Mr. Chung Eui-yong
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea
* Date OfBirth: 14 April 1946
- Dec 2010 Honorary Ph.D. in Political Science, Royal Academy of Cambodia, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Jun 1981 Master in Public Administration, Harvard University, MA, U.S.A.
- Feb 1968 B.A. in International Relations, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Feb 2021 Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Jul 2020S pecial Advisor to the President for Foreign Affairs and National Security.
- May 2017 Director of National Security and Chairman of National Security Council (NSC) Standing Committee.
- Dec 2009 Co-Chairman of the Standing Committee and the Secretary General of the International Conference of Asian Political Parties.
- Jun 2004 Member of the 17th National Assembly.
- Jan 2001 Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the UN Secretariat and International Organizations in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Apr 1998 Deputy Minister for Trade, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MOFAT).
- Jan 1997 Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the State of Israel.
- Jan 1995 Minister, Korean Embassy in the United States of America.
- Aug 1993 Director-General, International Trade Bureau, MOFA.
- Jul 1991 Minister, Korean Permanent Mission to the European Community in Brussels, Belgium.
- Dec 1989 Spokesperson, MOFA.
- Feb 1989 Deputy Director-General for Information Analysis, MOFA.
- Jan 1986 Counsellor, Korean Embassy in the United States of America.
- May 1984 Counsellor, Korean Embassy in the Kingdom of Thailand.
- Jul 1982 Director, Trade Policy Division, International Trade Bureau, MOFA.
- Jun 1974 Third Secretary, Korean Embassy in Canada.
- Mar 1972 Joined the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
- Nov 1971 Passed High Diplomatic Service Examination.
- Jan 2006 Order of Bernardo O’Higgins Grand Cross, Republic of Chile.
- May 2005 Special Citation for Contributions to Parliamentary Diplomacy, Speaker of the National Assembly.
- Sep 2004 Order of Service Merit (Yellow Stripes).